Commonly asked General Knowledge Questions
Hey frendzz… today I am here with some mostly asked questions in General knowledge exam paper. This questions are result of the analysis done by professionals from various competitive exam papers. This questions are frequently asked in every competitive examinations. so if you are doing preparations for government jobs and some of the other competitive exams , this commonly asked questions surely helps to you to pass out that competitive examinations.
You can also test your general knowledge by this frequently asked GK questions or you can also improve your Gk by this post. so i hope this article helps to you
Frequently asked GK questions in government / competitive exams
General Knowledge Questions
1) Which is the highest literary award of the world?
Answer : Booker Prize
2) Which among the sources of energy tapped in India has shown the largest growth till the Eighth plan?
Answer : Thermal
3)Which is the sacred text of Hinduism?
Answer : The Vedas, The Bhagavad Gita, The epics of the Mahabharata and the Ramayana
4)When was table tennis introduced in Olympics?
Answer : 1988 at Seoul
5)Which Bank has the maximum number of branches?
Answer : State Bank of India ( SBI )
6)Which is the state with largest urban population?
Answer : Maharashtra
7)Which agency related to the United Nation was in existence before the Second World War?
Answer : International Labor Organisation
8)Which are the member countries of the commonwealth?
Answer : Australia, Tonga, UK and Zimbabwe,Nigeria, Pakistan, India, Jamaica and Singapore, Mauritius, Maldives, Ghana, Bangladesh
9)Which missile is designed to defend large installation like oil-fields etc. against enemy air attacks?
Answer : Akash
10)Which are the important minerals found in manipur?
Answer : Sillimanite, nickel, petroleum
11) Who is India’s first Woman Grand Master in Chess ?
Answer : Koneru Humpy
12) During the Mughal period, which one of the following were the first to come to India as traders ?
Answer : Portuguese
13) Who among the following Delhi Sultans is known for introducing market control mechanism ?
Answer : Alauddin Khalji
14) Which one of the following mountain peaks of the Himalayas is NOT in India ?
Answer : Annapurna
15) The creator of Sherlock Holmes’ was
Answer : Arthur Conan Doyle
16) The Parliament of Afghanistan is
Answer : Shora
17) India first took part of the Olympic Games in the year
Answer : 1920
18) The largest coal producing state in India is
Answer : Jharkhand
19) Days and Nights are equal throughout the globe when the sun is above
Answer : – Equator
20) Which one of the following was an associated state of India before becoming a full fledged state ?
Answer : – Sikkim
21) Railway is a subject on the
Answer : – Union list
22) How many times the President of India can seek re-election to his post ?
Answer : – Any number of times
23) Olympics 2012 held at London was the?
ANSWER :- 30th
24) Which of the following gases is used for refrigeration ?
Answer : – Ammonia
25) Who is called the Flying Sikh of India ?
Answer : – Milkha Singh
26) Nobel Prizes are distributed annually at
Answer : – Stockholm
27) The first satellite to be sent into space was
Answer : – Sputnik
28) The book ‘A wounded civilisation’ was written by
Answer : – V. S. Naipaul
29) Ajanta paintings depict scenes from the
Answer : – Jatakas
30) The President rule of a state can be continued for a maximum period of
Answer : – 6 month
31) The representative of the crown came to be called as ‘viceroy’ instead of ‘governor general’ from the period …..?
ANSWER :- 1858
32) The ‘Vernacular Press Act’ was passed in India during the period of _____
ANSWER :- Lord Lytton
33) Lord Curzon became the viceroy of India after ____
ANSWER :- Loed Elgin -II
34) The non-cooperation movement was accepted by the congress party in its ____ session.
ANSWER :- Nagpur
35) The river known as ‘Sorrow of Bihar’ is ___
ANSWER :- Kosi
36) The man named as ‘Father of Indian archaeology’ is ___
ANSWER :- Alexander Cunningham
37) The mountain ranges in the eastern part of India forming its boundary with Myanmar are collectively called as?
ANSWER :- Purvachal
38) Which one of the following lakes is a salt water lake?
ANSWER :- Sambhar
39) The first population census was taken in India in the year?
ANSWER :- 1872
40) The country which has higher average population density than India is ____?
ANSWER :- Bangladesh
41) In which district of Kerala, Edakkal is situated?
ANSWER :- Wayanad
42) The rights of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions in guaranteed in the ?
ANSWER :- Article 30
43) The statement “Eternal Vigilance is the Price of liberty” means:
ANSWER :- People should be conscious of their rights
44) The assets of a dead man without heir or will undertaken by the state is called ?
ANSWER :- Escheats
45) The Principle of Rule of Law implies?
ANSWER :- All should be treated as equals
46) Who among the following formulated ‘People’s Plan’?
ANSWER :- M.N.Roy
47) Which of the following is not established by the constitution of India?
ANSWER :- Planning Commission
48) Parliamentary Committee on Subordinate Legislation came into existence in ?
ANSWER :- 1969
49) Judicial Review Power of the Supreme Court relates to ?
ANSWER :- Constitutional Validity of law
50) The minimum age required to be eligible to contest Presidential election in India is ?
ANSWER :- 35 Years
51) The National Human Rights Commission was established in ?
ANSWER :- 1993
52) “Optical Phenomenon” in the fringe pattern of CD is:
ANSWER :- Interference
53) The Weakest force among the following?
ANSWER :- Gravitational
54) Exchange Particle in Quark-Quark Interaction?
ANSWER :- Gluon
55) Special Theory of Relatively was proposed in ?
ANSWER :- 1905
56) IRADIAN is ?
ANSWER :- 57.3
57) For liquids, both Cofficient of Viscosity and Surface Tension ?
ANSWER :- Decreases with increase in temperature
58) Fraction of volume of ice seen outside when immersed in water?
ANSWER :- 10.5%
59. Celsius and Fahrenheit show the same temperature at ?
ANSWER :- -40
60) ____ occurs when source of light approach an observer?
ANSWER :- Blue Shift
61) Which colour indicate Highest Temperature?
ANSWER :- Dull Red
62) The country that declared the year 2013 as National Year of Rice?
ANSWER :- Philippines
63) The chairman of the joint parliamentary committee on the 2G scam?
ANSWER :- P.C.Chacko
64) The first Aadhaar number holder Ranjana Sadasiv Sonawne belongs to ?
ANSWER :- Maharastra
65) The legless amphibian reported from Meghalaya by a Malayalee Scientist ?
ANSWER :- Chikilidae
66) Arogyakeralam award instituted by the Government of Kerala is given to ?
ANSWER :- Local Bodies
67) The director of the film Celluloid?
ANSWER :- Kamal
68) India’s 100th successful space mission was on ?
ANSWER :- 9th September 2012
69) Name the first private person of India who was given ‘Z’ security cover by the Union Government?
ANSWER :- Mukesh Ambani
70) ‘Saraswati Samman’ 2012 was awarded to poet Sugathakumari for her work?
ANSWER : Manalezhuthu
you can search for general knowledge questions any where, but this is the top 70 mostly and frequently asked questions in competitive exams. So before you go for any GK examination must read this questions once.surely it will bring lots of help to you.